Monday, December 5, 2011

My Cool Job

So I started my new job at the awesome accounting firm. All I've done is several weeks of studying for the CPA exam at my desk, and about 8 hours worth of research projects. Today I was given my very first tax return of my own. It's for a non profit. I didn't learn anything about non profit taxes in school, but I just follow the yellow brick road, SALY (same as last year), etc. I'm very grateful for the work. I don't want to forget how to use the software just in time for busy season.

At about the same time I started my very first tax return, Mike took his very first Law School Final. Mike gave all his time and energy for the last several weeks and really for the last 3 months to preparing for this one test. I fasted for him on Sunday, and prayed for him all day. Blessing Mike to be in the top of the class, is actually a blessing for me to have a husband who is in the top of his class. He has to be in the top of the class in order to get a job, and even higher in the class to get a job in Dallas. I sold Mike on living in Dallas on our last visit. We went to Top Golf, and ate In and Out and went to the stores we used to take for granted before we moved to Alabama...such exotic stores...like Big Lots.

We are moving to McCalla, AL to be closer to my job. We found an apartment exactly half way between my job and the law school. It's in a very rural area, so rent is cheap and it's very quiet and peaceful out there. No more drunken sorority parties at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment